Our Strategic Plan
Introduction by the Chairman of Aberdeen Sports Village Limited (ASV)
It is with great pleasure that I introduce the second strategic business plan for Aberdeen Sports Village. Since opening in 2009, ASV embedded innovation in what we do, demonstrated excellence in customer service, attracted new participants to sport and hosted countless local and international events.
These will continue to be our core values, and this new plan takes us from the London 2012 Olympics to the Glasgow Commonwealth Games and beyond; perhaps the most exciting time for sport in a generation.
The development of our Aquatics Centre is our major focus in this planning period and is on target to open in early 2014, providing not only long course facilities for performance swimmers but opportunities for the entire community.
We fully recognise our role in encouraging people across all age groups to become active and this will be achieved through ASV working in partnership with other organisations in the wider community.
Of course, ASV would not have prospered without the ongoing support from Aberdeen City Council, the University of Aberdeen and sportscotland. Their continued assistance is instrumental in the development of the Aquatics Centre and the ongoing growth and maturing of ASV as an organisation.
By 2015, we have set ourselves the lofty ambition of having 1 million visits to ASV annually – achieving this will firmly cement ASV in the landscape of UK sporting excellence.
I look forward to the challenge of the next 3 years with great anticipation.
Chairman, Aberdeen Sports Village
Aberdeen Sports Village aims to provide world class sport and exercise opportunities for everyone in the community and to be recognised as a centre of excellence for sport.
- To provide and maintain safe, effective and clean facilities of the highest quality along with excellent standards of customer service, and to allow our customers to enjoy their sport and exercise in a safe and friendly environment.
- To operate economically and efficiently, to be innovative, and strive for constant business development and the highest standards of governance.
- To encourage participation across all ages and abilities, by providing a comprehensive range of sport and exercise opportunities.
- ASV will be recognised as a performance centre for sport and a premier venue for events and training camps.
- To continue our facilities development strategy with the opening of the Aquatics Centre in 2014 and to work with partners to maximise the development opportunity on the Sports Village site.