All abilities welcome
Our Adult Learn to Dive programme caters for all levels of ability, from complete beginners looking to try out a new sport and build their confidence to those who have dived before and wish to develop their technique.
Experienced coaches provide opportunities for all adults to participate in diving at whatever level they aspire to.
Beginner Level Divers
Our coaches will begin by building deep water confidence and teaching the diving hand grab and 3 shapes. Divers will develop skills on the poolside and 1m boards and will even venture up to the 3m board.
Divers will be taught forward and backward skills and may even progress onto learning inward movements
Improver Level Divers
Improver level divers will continue to develop their forward, backward and inward skills and will introduce the remaining directions of reverse, twist and armstand.
Divers will progress onto using the higher boards and will work towards learning a competitive diving list.
Some of our adult divers go on to compete in Masters competitions but equally, others are just there to learn a new skill and keep fit – everyone is welcome!
Where and when
Adult Learn to Dive lessons currently run on Wednesday evenings in the 25m pool at 19:00 - 19:55
- You will now be able to purchase a set of 10 Adult Learn to Dive lessons which can be used within a 4 month period. This will give you the flexibility to pick and choose when you attend lessons to work around your busy schedules.
- The cost of a set of 10 lessons will be £89.50 for non-members and £71.60 for ASV members
- Lessons will be 55 minutes in duration and will run on a Wednesday evening from 19:00-19:55
- Classes will be limited to 8 divers per session and you will need to book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
to guarantee your space
- Your set of 10 lessons can be booked in advance or week by week, whichever suits you best!
Please click here to register for Adult Learn to Dive