- A fantastic starting point for a leisure industry career
- Recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
- A great way for students to fund studies
- Varied working hours
- Working within a team
- Learn essential life skills, including first aid and CPR
NPLQ and AED certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of successful completion of the course.
Please note bookings are non-refundable, and you may be charged an admin fee of £30 if you wish to change course.
Lifeguard course prerequisites
Every candidate must be 16 years and over and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50m under 60 seconds
- Swim 100m continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without ladder or steps
Candidates will only be put forward for assessment if they have achieved a level of competence deemed acceptable by the course trainer.