National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is an excellent starting point for anyone looking for a career in the leisure industry. This theory and pool-based course is a minimum of 37.5 hours, followed by a practical assessment on pool lifeguard theory, rescue, first aid and CPR.
- A fantastic starting point for a leisure industry career
- Recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
- A great way for students to fund studies
- Varied working hours
- Working within a team
- Learn essential life skills, including first aid and CPR
NPLQ and AED certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of successful completion of the course.
Please note bookings are non-refundable, and you may be charged an admin fee of £30 if you wish to change course.
Every candidate must be 16 years or over and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50m under 60 seconds
- Swim 100m continuously on front and back
- Tread water in deep water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without ladder or steps
This is a theory & pool-based course. Candidates will only be put forward for assessment if they have achieved a level of competence deemed acceptable by the course trainer.
Our next NPLQ course runs Friday 17th March - Sunday 2nd April:
- Friday 17th March 1700 - 2200
- Saturday 18th March 0900 - 1700
- Sunday 19th March 0900 - 1700
- Friday 24th March 1700 - 2200
- Saturday 25th March 0900 - 1700
- Sunday 26th March 0900 - 1700
- Friday 31st March 1700 - 2200
- Saturday 1st April 0900 - 1700
- Sunday 2nd April 0900 - 1700
Please note 100% attendance is required to complete the course, which is theory and pool-based. All participants will have to do a short swim test to ensure they have passed the pre-requisites.
No lunch is provided but there is an on-site cafe at ASV.